The Planning and Building Department responds to complaints regarding building, zoning, land use and nuisance code violations, and general safety regulations. These include, but are not limited to:
- Construction without a permit
- Dangerous buildings or structures
- Disabled vehicles, parking in yards, and large commercial vehicles parked in residential zones
- Overgrown yards and / or landscaping which overhangs sidewalks or creates traffic hazards
- Signage concerns
- Tree removal without a permit
- Uses inconsistent with the neighborhood (zoning)
We research complaints to determine whether there is a violation and the extent of the violation, and decide what appropriate action is required. Our goals are to work with all parties to obtain voluntary compliance and to educate property owners about requirements.
|Animal bites, aggressive animals, kennels, etc.
|City of Lake Forest Park Police (LFPPD) Non-Emergency
|Residential noise, including barking and loud music, unpermitted tree removal outside of normal business hours
|Puget Sound Clean Air Agency
|Burn ban violations and air quality concerns
|206-343-8800, Ext. 6
|After hours emergency
|Public Health - Seattle & King County
- A neighbor is cutting down a tree and I do not see a posted Notice of Application or a permit. What do I do?
Contact the Planning Department.
- What are the hours of construction in the City of Lake Forest Park?
Ordinance 1198 was passed by City Council on November 14th, 2019 so that construction is allowed between 7:00 am and 8:00 pm on weekdays, and 7:00 am and 5:00 pm on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
- How can I make a complaint about a code violation in Lake Forest Park?
You can file a complaint by calling City of Lake Forest Park Code Enforcement at 206-368-5440 or by filling out the online form. Please be sure to have the following information:
- Nature of the violation
- Street address of the violation (exact address required)
- Description of any vehicles (including License Number) or other items involved in the complaint