What about my right to an appeal?

If you do not win at a contested hearing, you have the right to appeal to the Superior Court of King County. The notice of appeal must be filed within 30 days of the judgment. There will be costs, payable in advance, including a $230 filing fee. The Superior Court will review the record that was made at the municipal court level, but there will not be a new trial. Appeal packets are available from the clerk. There is no appeal from a finding of committed following a contested hearing by mail. 

Show All Answers

1. What do I do if I receive an infraction?
2. What is a Mitigation Hearing?
3. What is a Contested Hearing?
4. I received a camera ticket in the mail. What do I do?
5. Will a traffic infraction appear on my driving record?
6. What is the Deferred Finding Program?
7. What will happen if I don't pay my ticket or appear for my hearing?
8. What about an insurance ticket?
9. Can I have my hearing held electronically online by email?
10. Can I have my hearing held in writing by mail or fax?
11. What about my right to an appeal?
12. What if I can't pay my fine all at once?